Android4SAM Demo Archives
Here is the current release demo packages for Android4SAM for SAMA5D3xEK board
The binary demo works with SamA5D3x-EK
with LCD support.
It also support display module PDA's TM4300
available from Digi-Key
For build procedure, please visit: ICS4SAMA5D3xEK
Flash Prebuilt Demo Archives
Flash to Nand Flash
Please check your hardware and run related bat script list as following:
- For sama5d3xek with resistive touch panel, run at91sama5d3ek_nandflash.bat script.
- For sama5d3xek with capacitive touch panel (PDA's TM4300 from Digi-Key.), run at91sama5d3ek_pda_nandflash.bat script.
More information please reference: Flashing_a_demo_on_AT91_boards
Flash to SD card
This need 2GiB
SD card at least. Using dd
command under Linux work station. It will use root permission to access SD card device. The following is the example under ubuntu with SD card name as /dev/sdc
when use dd
command, it overwrite the data on SD card. Please be sure when execute this command and get the right device name of SD card, or else it will cause unrecovery damage
sudo dd if=Android-4.0.4_r2.1-sama5d3x-ext4-sdboot.img of=/dev/sdc
The following is the hardware issues list on the released demo packages.
- Backlight can't set.
- Cause: this is a hardware issue of sama5d3 SoC.
- Workaround: use standalone PWM output instead of LCDC embedded PWM.
- Camera module can not work with prebuilt demo packages.
- Cause: on sama5d3 SoC, the ISI HSYNC and VYSNC conflict with TWI0, we default use TWI0 for audio codec.
- Workaround: for new design, please avoid to use TWI0 and ISI at the same time.
The following is the software issues list on the released demo packages.
- Ethernet application can't work without DNS in static IP mode.
- Cause: without DNS information, won't set the configuration to Ethernet.
- Workaround: Add DNS when work in static IP mode.
- Will fix this at next release.
See Also: DemoArchives021
- Power Management does not work, when press power button (k4), only power off LCD, while not suspend to RAM.
- Will fix this at the next release.
for v2.1 release, DemoArchives020
for v2.0 release, DemoArchives012
for v1.2 release (for SAM9X5
for v1.1 release, DemoArchives010
for v1.0 release.