SAMBA 9G45 programing USB

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

derek_ou

SAMBA 9G45 programing USB

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:00 am

Hi,

I’d like to program multiple 9G45 units simultaneously through USB. And I ran into lots of problems. Have you experienced the following problems? Can you give me some suggestions?

1) SAM-BA 2.9 (from ISP 1.13) does not work on two of our XP machines. Everything works fine with single unit plugged into USB. But unhandled exception occurs when sam-ba exits with multiple units plugged in. Actually, at91boot_DLL.dll assigns \usb\ARM0 when the first unit plugs in but changes the first USB connection to \usb\ARM1 when the second unit plugs in; so the second USB connection becomes \usb\ARM0; this cause problems in programming.

2) SAM-BA 2.9 CDC XP Vista does not work either. Unit insertions are detected and assigned COM7, COM8… However, SAM-BA main window never appears and only sitting as a process without any activity. And it doesn’t even work with the 9G45-EK reference board. I tested it more than 15 times and SAM-BA main window only appears once.

3) SAM-BA 2.9 CDC for Linux is also not working. On two different Linux PC’s, unit insertions are detected but SAM-BA main screen never appears.

I don’t need to resolve all these problems. But how can I program multiple units simultaneously without causing exceptions?

Thanks,
Derek
Anny.Lee09

Re: SAMBA 9G45 programing USB

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:09 pm

3) SAM-BA 2.9 CDC for Linux is also not working. On two different Linux PC’s, unit insertions are detected but SAM-BA main screen never appears.

I come with the same question as you do when i use Ubuntu 9.04,but it is fine in Ubuntu 8.04.
An RTOS specially for Cortex-M3----> http://www.coocox.org

Return to “SAM-BA”