AT91 ISP and large page NAND.

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

aplamon

AT91 ISP and large page NAND.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm using SAM-BA 2.6. I have not yet upgraded to 2.8 since it seems to be completely different. In 2.6 I adjust the tcl scripts according to hardware on our board. How is that configured in 2.8? For example, we only have 16 bit wide SDRAM.

Anyway, my main question is regarding programming NAND. We have a few different NANDs with our AT91SAM9260 solution. Most have 2048 byte sized page and work just fine with SM-BA. We also have a MICRON device which is actually 4096+218 per page. It also have 256k sized blocks. I cannot get SAM-BA to work correctly with this device. It appears that is programs page 0 in block 0 correctly and nothing else. I've found a couple of issues (pages size is detected incorrectly, spare size must not be set higher than 64 bytes) but it still does not work.

Anyone have experienced similar issue?
Also if anyone could point me to some documentation on how to customize SAM-BA 2.8 that would be great!

Thanks,
Daniel
reaper

Re: AT91 ISP and large page NAND.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 pm

i would take a look in the enable NAND scripts, It should be there were you need to setup the nand to configure micro controler to use nand.
Kevin Genskowsky
Electronic Ingeniering
Chile.
aplamon

Re: AT91 ISP and large page NAND.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm

I have, I've spent over a day banging my head against it. I've checked all the parameters and everything seems ok, but it just don't seem to work. I know the hardware work because if i use dataflash and get eboot running then eboot will program the nand just fine with the CE image. I suspect there is a bug in the nand monitor due to the larger page and/or block but I have no idea how to track it down.

Return to “SAM-BA”