Flexcom2 twi atsama5d225

Discussion around products based on ARM Cortex-A5 core.

Moderator: nferre

friesen

Flexcom2 twi atsama5d225

Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:27 am

I’ve been bringing to life different parts on a custom that uses the atsama5d225c-d1m. I am using the Atmel software package, and have modified it to work with ddr, etc. I also modified the pins for flexcom2 because they aren’t in the standard library for this part yet. These show in the supplementary datasheet as on pa6 and pa7 ioset1 peripheral group E.

The problem is that I can’t get a hint of action on these pins outside of manual pio toggles.

I have walked through all the steps I know, and I’m not sure what else to try, other than bit banging.

The pins are getting set with pio peripheral correctly. I set up my headers file for the custom board etc etc so the Init routines do their job. I then have tried sending twi stop, start, etc , but nothing is happening per logic analyzer.

Is there some mux somewhere besides the pio mux that needs to get set for each peripheral? What prevents a peripheral from having more than one pin connected? This is my first foray into Atmel after some years of pic32, so this does seem a bit different.
friesen

Re: Flexcom2 twi atsama5d225

Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Its working now, after figuring this out. The docs for twi in the atmel software package aren't real descriptive, nor is there a working example for twi.

Return to “SAMA5D Cortex-A5 MPU”