We are pleased to announce the release of Linux4SAM 5.8.
Here are the main features:
- Linux kernel 4.9.x (+ LTS maintenance updates up to v4.9.87)
- AT91Bootstrap 3.8.10
- U-Boot 2017.03 with Device Model / Device Tree support
- Yocto Project 2.4.2 (Rocko)
- Buildroot generated from latest 2018.02 revision with the new buildroot external: https://github.com/linux4sam/buildroot- ... -microchip
- OpenWrt filesystem solution based on master branch of the reunified LEDE / OpenWrt project
- Support for new SAMA5D2 PTC EK and dedicated page: Sama5d2PtcEKMainPage: linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/Sama5d2PtcEKMainPage
- Support for the Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC), able to provide a Capacitive Touch interface. Linux driver uses it as an input device
- Use of QT LinuxFB with DRM/KMS backend without the need of wayland/weston nor OpenGLES (Mesa 3D)
- Libplanes graphical library for taking advantage of the LCD hardware overlays (2D Hardware operations): https://github.com/linux4sam/libplanes
- Availability of the new Microchip Peripheral I/O Python Package: mpio: https://github.com/linux4sam/mpio
- And all the goodies of previous Linux4SAM revisions!
You'll find the packages for all boards at the usual place:
The source code is deployed on our github account: