windows ce storage

This forum is for users of Atmel's SAM Series and who are interested in using WinCE OS.

Moderator: nferre

kongs

windows ce storage

Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi,

i have the AT91RM9200-EK board with 64 SDRAM but without a persistent storage. I work with windows ce. Now I want that the board starts a programm after booting (like windows XP autostart) that is on the SD Card. I know that does work with windows registry.Another question can I write a batch or shell script file under Windows CE? I try it but it doesn't work. Have somebody the same exprience? Can somebody give me a link about windows ce registry(But not microsoft)?

thank for your answers. :cry:
Onitake

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:13 pm

do you have microsoft's platform builder?
you can use it to build your own system image, including additional software and a customized registry.

if you add
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"LaunchXX"="Application.exe"
"DependXX"=hex:YY,ZZ,...,00
to project.reg (or platform.reg), Application.exe is run at boot.
XX is a unique decimal number between 0 and 99 to identify the entry and YY, ZZ, ... are hex number specifying which programs have to be run before (corresponding to the XX of other Launch entries, like Device.exe).

if you want to run batch files, make sure the command shell is included in the image and specify cmd.exe (i think) with /k and the script as parameters in a Launch entry.

sd cards are auto-mounted under "\SD Card\" by default, so to run a program from your sd card, use this path as base name.
note however that the sd card may not yet be mounted when the system encounters the Launch entry.

maybe the gui shell offers options to automatically run programs too, i don't know. i suggest you get yourself a copy of the free 120 days evaluation version of windows ce 5.0 (which includes platform builder) and read through the included help files...

sorry if i'm confusing you too much, send me a privmsg if you need further help :roll:
Adeneo

Launch app at boot

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:04 am

Hi,

You can use the suggestion of Onitake. You can also consider putting a link (lnk file) on your app into Windows startup folder, using .DAT files.

BTW, for these generic questions about Windows CE, independent from AT91 architecture, you can consider using the Windows CE newsgroups (microsoft.public.windowsce.*) : you'll have access to lots of experts on CE development and architecture

BR
Y.Chamming's

Return to “WinCE”