SAM3U-EK, Interrupts and NRST

Discussion around product based on ARM Cortex M3 core.

Moderators: nferre, ncollot

Custard

SAM3U-EK, Interrupts and NRST

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi,
I've just gotten my SAM3U-EK set up with IAR and I'm getting started with the micro. I'm using the 'getting-started-project' to get an introduction to a whole new firmware library (I'm moving over from using ST parts).

The problem I have is this, I can run the program in flash (via H-JTAG) and the example runs fine. If I halt execution and reset to the beginning, the interrupts don't seem to be enabled. The systick or pushbutton ISRs don't ever run.

Is there a global IE somewhere? I know this must sound very basic but I can't find one anywhere. And the example doesn't appear to globally enable interrupts anywhere.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by Custard on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custard

Re: SAM3U-EK, Interrupts

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi again,

As far as I can see, pressing the 'Reset' icon while debugging in the IAR environment is the same as pressing the NRST button during normal execution.

I've noticed that if you press the NRST button (say, when you try out the demo application that comes pre-programmed) nothing happens. Well, the board resets but it doesn't restart properly.

Can anybody please explain why the NRST doesn't perform a useful reset? Or is it just my board? This is really making debugging quite painful.

Return to “SAM3 Cortex-M3 MCU”