CAN bootloader from AT91-ISP v1.1

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

holtan

CAN bootloader from AT91-ISP v1.1

Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:04 am

Hallo,

I use the AT91SAM7A3 controller and have looked at the CAN bootloader following the AT91-ISP v1.1 package. I need the possibility to update the firmware of a AT91SAM7A3 based card over a CAN network.

The bootloader seem applicable in a lot of ways, but I need the possibility of placing new nodes into the network before they have been given specific IDs. Each node has an ID chip on a I2C bus on the card but this is hard to access through the bootloader. For this I would need a global jump command or a "timeout to jump" for all the nodes in the network, so they could individually sort out theire IDs. Basically I want the bootloaders functionallity, but only to update firmware; To sort out IDs and normal execution I would like to run my own code. From what I see there are no possibilities for this in the bootloader today!? Have anyone experience with the bootloader? Are there possibilities I have overlooked?

-martin
Fredo_Boyer

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:18 am

Hi Holtan,

First of all, you can retrieve the last version of the application note and its associated binaries on the atmel.com web site: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools ... ol_id=3869

The CAN bootloader allows you to jump to a specified address but you must previously initiate the communication (point to point connection) to set a valid CAN node number to your target

Return to “SAM-BA”