SAMBA boot binary for SAM7A3

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

Ancaritha

SAMBA boot binary for SAM7A3

Mon May 07, 2007 9:05 pm

the Sam7A3 has a separate downloadable binary file that must be loaded onto the chip before it can be programmed via the SAM-BA. I have a different speed oscillator though, so I need to adjust the PLL multiply and divide values. Does the source code for this binary exist anywhere, or at least example code so I could attempt to build my own?
Nordin

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:09 am

Hello,

I haven't seen the source code yet, but you could do the following:
First you write a small code in assembly which will be called after reset. This small code will check wether a self defined pin is high or low. With that information you jump to your own program or jump to the binary samba bootloader. Ofcourse you need to figure out where to put the binary in the memory. So I guess you need to do some remapping stuff for you memory and place the source on the right place in your memory. Theoreticaly this should work. I need to do this too for my sam7A3.
In my mind, I can fly.
Ancaritha

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 pm

That could work, but I still require the source code for the boot loader since I must recompile it :( My board uses a different oscillator so I'd have to update the multiply and divide values for the PLL.

Return to “SAM-BA”