How to upgrade firmware without JTAG 4 SAM7A3? Pls hlp!

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

Nordin

How to upgrade firmware without JTAG 4 SAM7A3? Pls hlp!

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Hello my friends,

I need a way to upgrade new firmware to SAM7A3, the problem is this uC has
no SAMBA in ROM. So I need a way to flash my uC with a new firmware without using a JTAG adapter. I want my clients to load new firmware via serial port.

I've searched for more information on the net, but unfortunately I found nothing useful. What I do know, is I must have some kind of bootloader already in the firmware integrated. So I can run the bootloader in my own application which in turn can load new firmware and put it in the flash.

Please if someone can just show the right direction where to find some answers, I'll be appreciated a lot, thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,
Nordin
In my mind, I can fly.
Nordin

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:13 pm

Unfotunately there are not enough embedded enthousiasts who can help me. So is there some kind of IAR libs which makes it possible to upgrade firmware via USB?

If somebody can help me, I'll be very thankful to him/her. Also you help a beginner to become a professional. Thank you very much.
In my mind, I can fly.
gerhardf

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:46 pm

hello,
searching the forum for "bootloader" brings the following link:
phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1696&highlight=bootloader

regards
gerhard
Nordin

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Thank you Gerhardf for your effort to help me.

I've seen this forum before, but his project uses GCC compiler, while I'm working with IAR EWARM. Anyway, I'll use his source to study and learn how to work with USB interface. I'm also studying the USB protocol (ofcourse not too deep), to understand more about existing usb sources. And than I guess I'll write one of my own, including a driver running on Windows (I've some experience in developing software for windose) which communicates with my uC.

Again, thank I appreciate your help.
In my mind, I can fly.

Return to “SAM-BA”