Does anyone have a sample *.bin file to test the sdram?

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

Jude

Does anyone have a sample *.bin file to test the sdram?

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 am

Hello, there

The at91sam9260 custom board i mad don't work properly.
Just can't boot U-Boot with serial dataflash on my board. I don't know the reason.

I'm using SAM-BA2.6 and U-BOOT files from Timesys.(u-boot-9260-env-dataflash.bin)
There's no error messeage on SAM-BA2.6 window when i wrote that bin file to dataflash.

But the only messeage i can see on the hyper terminel is 'ROMBoot>'.
U-BOOT don't work.
SO I'm gonna try to test SDRAM and serial dataflahs on my board.
I need some example binary file to write via multi-ice.
anyone have tried like this? Please give some bin files.(saladinx@naver.com, my e-mail)
Anyway, can't find the memoory map of sdram and dataflash. To write on memory, need memory map. But can't find even in datasheet. There's just interal rom's. Where can i get informations about this?
AntiSullin

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:30 pm

SDRAM memory is accessed via SDRAMC, so it is mapped to 0x20000000 ... 0x2FFFFFFF. See page 21 on datasheet.
Generate a large enough image file on linux. For example, grab random data "dd if=/dev/urandom of=myfile bs=1M count=32" for a 32MB random file. Try to upload it to SDRAM and verify it is there. If errors, read the data back to file and compare with the original and try to understand which of the data/address lines are shorted/open.

If your board has a different SDRAM chip(/s), then you have to edit the SAM-BA configuration files to initialize the SDRAMC properly and change your bootloader, too.

Dataflash is not memory mapped to the CPU. SAM-BA addresses relative to DataFlash beginning on DataFlash page.

Have you initialized your dataflash correctly? It should contain the DataFlashBoot pre-loader and then the U-Boot.

Return to “SAM-BA”