SAMA5D2-Xplained will not boot after shutdown

Discussion around products based on ARM Cortex-A5 core.

Moderator: nferre

kriekhof

SAMA5D2-Xplained will not boot after shutdown

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Hello All,

I have an Xplained board running a yocto build of the linux4sam kernel. I have a pretty custom device tree based on the original one from that kernel. I'm booting from eMMC for the time being but plan to migrate to SD card in the future.

At any rate, I am running into a strange problem where, when i POR the device, it boots fine. when I STM and resume using the "WAKEUP" button on the Xplained it works fine. but when I shut down linux, I am unable to wake from the "WAKEUP" button and instead I just see "Romboot" ONCE and it does not seem to repeat the message nor will it repeat the message when i press "WAKEUP" again.

I know my at91bootstrap, u-boot, dtb, and kernel, are ok since it works in those other aforementioned situations. I'm just troubled why when i run the linux shutdown sequence it makes the device fail to startup from the "WAKEUP" pin. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
blue_z

Re: SAMA5D2-Xplained will not boot after shutdown

Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:58 am

kriekhof wrote: I have an Xplained board running a yocto build of the linux4sam kernel.
Which versions?
kriekhof wrote: I am running into a strange problem where, when i POR the device, it boots fine. when I STM and resume using the "WAKEUP" button on the Xplained it works fine.
What are POR and STM? Power-on reset?
(BTW "strange" is an adjective that conveys no useful technical information. It simply means that you think something is unusual.)

Does a Demo build perform to your expectations regarding this issue?

Regards

Return to “SAMA5D Cortex-A5 MPU”