SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Hardware architeture and Configurations

Moderator: nferre

Gaston
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 12:21 pm

SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Hardware architeture and Configurations

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am

Hello,

I am using SAMA5D27 SOM1 EK1 board. I used YOCTO project to build for it Linux OS image following steps described here :
https://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view ... EKMainPage

I want to know where can I find a detailed description of the hardware configuration of the board ? Is there a device tree ? From where can I manage the hardware initialization such as PIO settings ?
blue_z
Location: USA
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Hardware architeture and Configurations

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 am

Your questions are vague.
Gaston wrote: I want to know where can I find a detailed description of the hardware configuration of the board ?
There is no single "hardware configuration of the board".
The board hardware is described in its user guide and the SoM/SoC datasheets.
You cannot utilize every integrated peripheral of the SoM/SoC, so you have to pick and choose what to enable for a "configuration".
Depending on how you want to use the evaluation board , e.g. choice of integrated peripherals and/or attach additional devices, determines the "configuration" that you could use.

Gaston wrote: Is there a device tree ?
There's a .dts file in the Linux kernel source code for a default/generic/example configuration of each Atmel EK and Xplained board.
No, there is no "detailed description" for each each DT configuration.
The DT itself documents that board configuration.

Gaston wrote: From where can I manage the hardware initialization such as PIO settings ?
Hardware "initialization" can be performed at various stages including during software configuration at build time and as well as at runtime of boot programs, kernel initialization, and userspace.

Regards
Gaston
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Re: SAMA5D27-SOM1-EK1 Hardware architeture and Configurations

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:50 am

blue_z wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 am
Your questions are vague.
Gaston wrote: I want to know where can I find a detailed description of the hardware configuration of the board ?
There is no single "hardware configuration of the board".
The board hardware is described in its user guide and the SoM/SoC datasheets.
You cannot utilize every integrated peripheral of the SoM/SoC, so you have to pick and choose what to enable for a "configuration".
Depending on how you want to use the evaluation board , e.g. choice of integrated peripherals and/or attach additional devices, determines the "configuration" that you could use.
My choice is for integrated peripherals. I don't want to attach additional devices for now. I want to take control of Leds existing on the board.
Gaston wrote: Is there a device tree ?
There's a .dts file in the Linux kernel source code for a default/generic/example configuration of each Atmel EK and Xplained board.
No, there is no "detailed description" for each each DT configuration.
The DT itself documents that board configuration.
I found a general .dts file in github for my board but I thought there is a .dts file generated when I build the Linux kernel OS special for what features i activated on my board in my menuconfig.
Gaston wrote: From where can I manage the hardware initialization such as PIO settings ?
Hardware "initialization" can be performed at various stages including during software configuration at build time and as well as at runtime of boot programs, kernel initialization, and userspace.
I want to manage it from userspace. But not using shell commands! I will make an exemple for you to make things clear : For example the heartbeating blue led, I want to make it turn off, then when I push the user button I want to make it lights again. Is that possible ? I don't want to use shell commands to manipulate GPIOS.
Regards

Return to “SAMA5-based”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests