getting started: Running Helloworld application in ethernet

Moderator: nferre

maan.afzal

getting started: Running Helloworld application in ethernet

Fri May 23, 2014 7:46 am

I am new user of "SAMA5D3 Xplained". I have evaluation board. I have started using the board as explained in getting started note. There is a Linux running on it.
I want to run helloworld application that is available in ethernet_exaples directory. Instruction sin the main.c file says "Build the program and download it inside the xplained board". I have bilt the program using gcc cross compilation for arm. Now I have no idea what next. where to download the elf or bin file and how to run it.
Can anyone please explain me about this.
mishastik

Re: getting started: Running Helloworld application in ether

Fri May 23, 2014 11:40 am

What sources do you use?
maan.afzal

Fri May 23, 2014 12:16 pm

I am using "SAMA5D3 GNU Software Package 1.4 for Xplained Board" available at following link.
http://www.atmel.com/tools/SAMA5D3SOFTWAREPACKAGE.aspx

I am trying to run gmac_uip_helloworld in examples_ethernet directory. I have successfully built it. Now Don't know how to run it. Guide says download it on board but no address is specified.
unityfancier

Mon May 25, 2015 5:45 am

I have an idea, maybe you can use the "nfs", make sure you have the correct
configure in PC and board, then you can download the excutable file to somewhere in your board and go it.
maan.afzal wrote:I am using "SAMA5D3 GNU Software Package 1.4 for Xplained Board" available at following link. http://www.atmel.com/tools/SAMA5D3SOFTWAREPACKAGE.aspx I am trying to run gmac_uip_helloworld in examples_ethernet directory. I have successfully built it. Now Don't know how to run it. Guide says download it on board but no address is specified.
cypher

Mon May 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi,
you can connect an USB/Serial converter.
When the board is completed booted you can login in with user: root and password: empty password.

Enter ifconfig and you will see the ip address of your board. Or you can check your DHCP server which ip your board get. I personally prefer the yocto distribution. You can build a crosscompiler for this specific ditribution. See here for more information linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/YoctoProject. I hope it helps....
nferre
Site Admin

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi,

Please don't mix Linux OS answers with bare-metal questions. I think that the initial question is about software package which means non-OS source code.

Bye,

Return to “SAMA5-based”