ATSAMA5D2-XULT stuck on ROMBOOT w/ ATWILC1000

Moderator: nferre

pnwpnw

ATSAMA5D2-XULT stuck on ROMBOOT w/ ATWILC1000

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 am

I have been working with an ATSAMA5D2-XULT board and I am trying to implement the ATWILC1000-SD expansion board. Currently AT91Bootstrap and UBoot are on serialflash, I have the kernel/dtb fetched through TFTP, and the rootfs via NFS on my development machine.

I got the ATWILC1000-SD and I noticed when I plug it in, I get stuck at the ROMBOOT prompt. Assuming that the board was trying to boot from SDMMC1, I enabled/modified BSC_CR/BUREG0 to ignore SDMMC1 and the board boots as expected with the ATWILC1000-SD board inserted. What confuses me, though, is that the ROMBOOT prompt that I get stuck on initially with the card present doesn't respond to SAM-BA commands (Error: Could not switch monitor on port 'ttyUSB0' to binary mode) so I cannot SET the fuse bits or BUREG with the card present. Without the card I can use BOOT_DIS to get a ROMBOOT prompt that responds on DEBUG and A5-USB-A. My question is if this device were hard-wired how would you initially be able to configure the boot sequence to not get held up? Or am I missing something in this understanding? It seems as though the first ROMBOOT prompt should just respond.

Thanks
blue_z

Re: ATSAMA5D2-XULT stuck on ROMBOOT w/ ATWILC1000

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:21 am

pnwpnw wrote: My question is if this device were hard-wired how would you initially be able to configure the boot sequence to not get held up?
Your hypothetical question is answered in section 16.5.7.3 SDCard/e.MMC Boot of the SAMA5D2 datasheet.

Regards
pnwpnw

Re: ATSAMA5D2-XULT stuck on ROMBOOT w/ ATWILC1000

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:37 am

That summed it up great. Thanks.

Return to “SAMA5-based”