IAR Linker Error building C++ example

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

geocentric

IAR Linker Error building C++ example

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:08 am

Hi, I'm new to the IAR compiler. I'm trying to build a C++ application and I am getting this linker error:

Fatal Error[e72]: Segment INTRAMSTART_REMAP must be defined in a segment definition option (-Z, -b, or -P)

I can't find a reference to INTRAMSTART_REMAP in the documentation. Anyone know what this means?
tbob

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:41 pm

Looking at the demo project that came with my AT91SAM7S64-IAR kit, the assembly file "Cstartup.s79" contains the following code:

Code: Select all

PROGRAM	?RESET
		RSEG	INTRAMSTART_REMAP
		RSEG	INTRAMEND_REMAP

RSEG	ICODE:CODE:ROOT(2)
		CODE32	; Always ARM mode after reset	
		org	0	
reset		
After the 'reset' tag, it goes on to contain all of the various reset and interrupt vectors. I think you have to have your C or C++ project referenced by a startup assembly file, which initializes the microcontroller and then calls your main function from your C files.

Does this help?
-t
AT91SAM7S64-IAR
IAR Embedded Workbench
WinXP Pro SP2
Phong.dq

Re: IAR Linker Error building C++ example

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

Hi.
this is first time I work with IAR on SAM7 platform without J-link simulator.
I used sam-ba to port my code to my chip (AT91SAM7S256), but I didn't success. I used IAR embedded workbench then converted output file into binary file and port to ARM chip. But, I didn't success. Someone can give me some advise...
Ths

Return to “Development Tools”