Unable to download using Atmel Studio Extention Mananger

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

dcomer

Unable to download using Atmel Studio Extention Mananger

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:16 pm

For some reason I seem to be caught in a recursive loop when attempting to download updates in AS Extension manager. Should be simple right? Clicked Tools->Extension Manager in AS. Then in the Install Extensions list box on the left, under Available Download I select Updates. In the updates, selected ARMGCC 1.0.0.32 Download button. This takes to a Firefox browser windows (with no controls) where I log in successfully (although clicking the "remember me check box recursively returns you to the log in page and seems to be buggy). Finally, I click the ARMGCC icon that appears after logging in a the message "In order to make a review for this extension, you must be logged in and have downloaded it first." which implies I am not logged in. No possibility that I can see to download the update.

Here's the punch line; I received an email about an updated extension manager from Atmel, however, there are no instructions about how to download and install it aside from using the build-in AS6 extension manager that comes default.

Can someone please help me with this?

Return to “Development Tools”