Couple Atmel Studio 6 questions

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

neuromancer2701

Couple Atmel Studio 6 questions

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a SAM3X-EK and have had good results setting up the new web server demo and even adding some files of my own. But there are couple of questions that I can seem to find an answer.

Is there a setting so that code between #if/#ifdefs are grayed out(similar to Eclipse)?

Adding folders to both asf/sam/drivers and adf/thirdparty seems to be contrived. You can't just copy the folder and then "add existing" that only seems to apply to files. When you manually add a folder then the files, these new folders do not have the little square in the corner(I have no idea what it means.) What does that little square mean and what is the best way to add new folders?

I ask the above question because it would seem that I am running into some include issues. I add some files(and include paths) and get an error that _FS_RPATH is undeclared. But when I click on it, I am taken directly to the definition. _FS_RPATH and the associated header are purple which signifies they have been declared/included correctly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
apluscw

Re: Couple Atmel Studio 6 questions

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 pm

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know AS6 is built on VisualStudio, so it might be possible to find an answer there.

i don't get the impression that AS6's code highlighting and Visual Assist tools are code build aware - in other words, it does not appear to know what definitions exist and which one don't, so it can't make any kind of assumption about what code will be compiled and what won't.

Not great. I have spend some time with the SAM3X-EK, as well as one of the SAM4 boards and micros, and have to admit I find some things lacking in Atmel Studio, but I have a lot of issues with the Atmel Software Framework. The impression I get is that it is much more mature for the AVR family, but far from mature for the SAMs.

I continue to submit bug reports and only hope Atmel finds the means and the will to bring the ASF up to its potential.
tsgd84

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Is there a setting so that code between #if/#ifdefs are grayed out(similar to Eclipse)?
This feature is not yet supported in Atmel Studio
Adding folders to both asf/sam/drivers and adf/thirdparty seems to be contrived. You can't just copy the folder and then "add existing" that only seems to apply to files.
I believe the following article is helpful http://avrstudio5.wordpress.com/2011/07 ... t-quickly/
When you manually add a folder then the files, these new folders do not have the little square in the corner(I have no idea what it means.) What does that little square mean and what is the best way to add new folders?
The little square in the corner will come only for files that are added through ASF infrastructure through Atmel Studio. If it shows red colour it means you have modified the files after importing them. You can compare/revert to the original file through the context menu(right click) available folder/file in the solution explorer.
I ask the above question because it would seem that I am running into some include issues. I add some files(and include paths) and get an error that _FS_RPATH is undeclared. But when I click on it, I am taken directly to the definition. _FS_RPATH and the associated header are purple which signifies they have been declared/included correctly.
Just check the directory path of the file where _FS_RPATH is defined and add it to the toolchain properties of the project. You can change/edit the toolchain properties from "Project -> Properties -> Toolchain -> Compiler -> Directories"
je_ruud

Sat May 25, 2013 11:39 pm

For pure Atmel Studio questions like this I suggest you have a look at the Atmel Studio topic in the AVRfreaks forum http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name ... forum&f=23.

As for your question about grayed out code between #if/#ifdefs: Have you tried the extension Naggy http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name ... 332#818332 ?

-Jan Egil

Return to “Development Tools”