Yagarto Tools safety

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

JamesMatthew

Yagarto Tools safety

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:10 am

I am attempting to download and install Yagarto Tools (yagarto-tools-20121018-setup.exe) on a Windows 7 PC. When I download it, my Norton Internet Security tells me that it's unsafe and deletes it.

Does anyone know if there are legitimate problems with this file? I suspect that Norton is being overprotective but hate to risk it.
flux_mix

Re: Yagarto Tools safety

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 am

[quote="JamesMatthew"]I am attempting to download and install Yagarto Tools (yagarto-tools-20121018-setup.exe) on a Windows 7 PC. When I download it, my Norton Internet Security tells me that it's unsafe and deletes it.

Does anyone know if there are legitimate problems with this file? I suspect that Norton is being overprotective but hate to risk it.

[/quote=flux_mix]
The same is happening with VISTA and Norton. I have deactivate Norton and later installed an updated version. In between the two actions I download the Yagarta tools. My computer is still working unaffected, so Norton is a little bit too enthousiastic.
Good luck!
JamesMatthew

Re: Yagarto Tools safety

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you for your reply. I will try it soon. I assume that a fix would have been made if a problem existed with the file, but wanted to get an opinion.

Return to “Development Tools”