Mbed Libraries on SAM3X8E

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

TopherMan

Mbed Libraries on SAM3X8E

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm an inexperienced embedded programmer, and I'm interested in learning more. 3D printing got me started, and I am interested in building a more advanced printer (a Rostock) whose kinematics are a bit too computationally complex for the current AVR-based electronics. I just got an Arduino Due, I've ordered a pcb that will let me plug my current Reprap shield into the Due, and I've found an ARM-specific firmware that looks very promising (Smoothie). The problem is, Smoothie was written for NXP chips, and uses the mbed libraries. The mbed libraries were recently released under an open-source license, and are structured in a way that it should be possible to port other chips without major re-writes (see http://mbed.org/handbook/mbed-library-internals). Basically, what I'm asking is this:

Has anyone looked at porting the mbed libraries? Or is anyone interested in doing some hand-holding to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Development Tools”