Page 1 of 1

SAMA5D2 Bare Metal development IDE

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:29 am
by Trilok
Hi everyone,

I have SAMA5D2 board/kit. I wanted to run the bare metal code on the board to test the hardware peripherals individually . I'm looking for some IDE's to test the board. I know loading bare metal code on processor is not recommendable. But if something is not working in the hardware it is very difficult to debug using Linux OS, so for testing/debugging the hardware I need some IDE support to load bare metal code. Once hardware is okay then I will load Linux.

Hoping for quick response

Thanks/Regards

Trilolk

Re: SAMA5D2 Bare Metal development IDE

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 pm
by blue_z
Trilok wrote: I have SAMA5D2 board/kit.
That's ambiguous.

Trilok wrote: I know loading bare metal code on processor is not recommendable.
How do you "know" this?
What is the rationale?


Trilok wrote: But if something is not working in the hardware it is very difficult to debug using Linux OS, ...
I agree, but if you're investigating board issues, then you really need an oscilloscope rather than an IDE.


Trilok wrote: ... I need some IDE support to load bare metal code.
There are several ways to load code for Microchip/Atmel SoCs that do not require any IDE or JTAG.


Regards