Unable to "first boot" system

Discussion around AT91RM9200 and SAM9 Series Products.

Moderator: nferre

rapa

Unable to "first boot" system

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi all.

I have a system with at91sam9g20 on-board. The only in-out interface with system is Debug UART(DBGU) and at this stage I can not boot the system. I tried to do this by SD Card, which I have on-board also- it didn't word. I tried to do this by SAM-BA and it also didn't work, but this way is primary for me so I want to specify.

First of all, I am trying to connect to board by SAM-BA(I am not sure I can do this through Debug UART- and that is one of quastions) but it doesn't work. Evry time I get message(from Tcl scripts) "Invalid Chip ID", BUT every time I try to connect I receive same message "Invalid Chip ID" and every time Chip ID is different.From time to time. And it's completely different from original Chip ID(in my case 0x019905a1).
So guys, can you please point me on my failures and if it possible, not to fix them, but some clue will be excelent.

Second way - I tried to boot by SD Card. I put file boot.bin on formated FAT16 card. "boot.bin" is executable file, which I get after building at91bootstrap. Configure of at91bootstrap is done like follows: make at91sam9g20eksd_uboot_defconfig.
According this thread:
discussions/viewtopic.php/f,9/t,18120/p,35224.html
I cannot boot system if SD Card connected to SDC-Interface B.But my SD Card is  connected to Interface A. So maybe there is some issue, I am not notice unough.
Can you help me, point to my mistakes, some clue will be appreciable

Thx, Rost.

P.S. My board is self designed board.
blue_z

Re: Unable to "first boot" system

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:43 pm

rapa wrote:...at this stage I can not boot the system.
You have described your situation essentially in terms of what doesn't work. That's not helpful.
What hardware (e.g. voltages and clocks) have you tested?
What does work?
rapa wrote:I tried to do this by SD Card, which I have on-board also- it didn't word.
You have not described the operational state of the DBGU port.
Do you even get a "RomBOOT" text from the DBGU port?
Is it fully functional?
If not, then you need to defer testing of the SDcard interface. How do you expect to determine if the boot does anything without feedback on the console?
rapa wrote: I tried to do this by SAM-BA and it also didn't work, but this way is primary for me so I want to specify.
Forget SAM-BA, and use basic tools to bring up a new custom board.
Does your board have a JTAG port?

Use a terminal emulator program on a host PC and test the DBGU port as in this thread.

Regards

Return to “SAM9 ARM9 MPU”