Suport NAND flash for custom SAMA5D2 board

Discussion around products based on ARM Cortex-A5 core.

Moderator: nferre

supersonic31337

Suport NAND flash for custom SAMA5D2 board

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Hello, I have custom SAMA5D2 board with Linux kernel 4.19, while building kernel, Im enable all options in make menuconfig related to NAND, but my Linux dont find nand (( Can any body tell me, how I can enable nand suport ?
blue_z

Re: Suport NAND flash for custom SAMA5D2 board

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

supersonic31337 wrote: ... while building kernel, Im enable all options in make menuconfig related to NAND,
That is not a credible claim, nor a sensible action.
The default sama5_defconfig should suffice.

supersonic31337 wrote: I have custom SAMA5D2 board with Linux kernel 4.19, ... but my Linux dont find nand
The Linux kernel could report no NAND because of either a misconfiguration or because of bad hardware.
The boot log (i.e. the raw data) would be more informative.

Before you can expect the kernel to "find" any NAND devices, how well have you checked out your custom SAMA5D2 board?
Have you executed any diagnostic, Softpack, or U-Boot tests to verify NAND functionality so that it is not another unknown while trying to test kernel configurations?
Do not try to use the Linux kernel to checkout or bringup an untested board unless you know what you are doing.

supersonic31337 wrote: Can any body tell me, how I can enable nand suport ?
The default sama5_defconfig should suffice.
However you are solely focused on which drivers are built, and that does not configure the kernel for runtime.
The runtime configuration of NAND involves the Device Tree and command line.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5D Cortex-A5 MPU”